Al's Links to Anomaly, Research, and Knowledge SitesAl's Links to Anomaly, Research, and Knowledge Sites Al.Reaud Mon, 06/13/2011 - 17:33
This set of links has been developed over the years as a quick reference to sites of interest. Sadly due to the ephemeral nature of the internet, some of the best sites out there on anomalies are disappearing, as mainstream science doesn't touch certain subjects, and therefore those sites don't get supported. Links are checked for functionality as the pages get updated, and the date of checking is noted at the bottom of each section page.
If you find any errors, hijacked, or non-functional links, please contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also e-mail me if you think there is a site that should be included in this list of links. This page will be updated on a regular basis to keep this list current.
AnomaliesAnomalies Al.Reaud Wed, 08/03/2011 - 20:52
Links to anomaly related web sites such as UFO's, Ancient Civilizations, etc… The following links before the start of this section are particularly apropos when dealing with the subject of anomalies.
- Bad Archeology. Written by mainstream archeologists, this is a site dedicated to exposing bad archaeology wherever it's found. If you are interested in any of the opposite side of any of the following anomaly links, you must also peruse this site. Similar to the urban legends site, Snopes.com.
- Disinformation vs. Truth. Built upon Thirteen Techniques for Truth Suppression by David Martin, the following may be useful to the initiate in the world of dealing with veiled half-truth, lies, and suppression of truth when serious crimes are studied in public forums.
- Zen and the Art of Debunkery. Discourse on how to debunk (invalidate) just about anything, by Daniel Drasin, 1999.
Ancient CivilizationsAncient Civilizations Al.Reaud Wed, 08/03/2011 - 20:57
This section of links mostly relates to ancient civilizations, technologies and ideas of prehistory that are contested or not recognized by modern archaeological science. Many of the sites are controversial.
- An Ancient Greek Computer. A clock-like mechanism 2,000 years old, found underwater off the isle of Antikythera (Wikipedia article).
- Antikythera Mechanism Research Project.
- Atomic Ruins 8 Millennia Ago. A Rense version of this urban legend from the UK.
- Evidence of Ancient Nuclear Explosions. Religious texts and geological evidence suggest that several parts of the world have experienced destructive atomic blasts in ages past.
- Satellite Discoveries. A site with the goal of analyzing satellite imagery for the use of archaeological discovery.
- Space Flight in the Mahabharata. A page by Holger Isenberg with links at the bottom to other resources.
- Section XLII. Indralokagamana Parva, pertinent section of Mahabharata mentioned above.
- Vimanas. Did ancient India have access to flying machines and other advanced technology?
Business, Languages, and LawBusiness, Languages, and Law Al.Reaud Tue, 06/14/2011 - 21:16
This section contains information paths to Colorado business information, language translators to assist in the creation of multilingual and/or international business, and legal information to assist businesses and or private individuals.
ColoradoColorado Al.Reaud Tue, 06/14/2011 - 21:36
Colorado businesses have a lot of regulation to follow. The following are some of the pertinent locations to look for information for starting, registering, or any other Colorado business matter.
- Business Center. Colorado Secretary of State site, exhaustive site.
- Colorado Plumbing Board. Department of Regulatory Agencies Examining Board of Plumbers.
- Document E-Filing. Colorado Secretary of State page for e-filing certain documents. NOTE: This is not a free service, depending of the document filed.
- Records Search. Search a business record in Colorado. Search by business name, trademark, trade name, record ID or document number, or name availability. Colorado Secretary of State page.
- Checklist for New Businesses. Colorado Secretary of State information page for new businesses.
LegalLegal Al.Reaud Tue, 06/14/2011 - 21:30
If you need legal information, or are doing legal research, these should be of some assistance.
- City of Fort Collins, CO - Official Web Site.
- Colorado Judicial Branch Forms. Forms used in Colorado by category.
- Colorado Judicial Branch. Courts in Colorado.
- Colorado Revised Statutes - Lexis/Nexis.
- Division of Motor Vehicles. Colorado Driver's Licenses, driver control/traffic records, title, registration, emissions, rules, etc.
- FindLaw - Homepage.
- FindLaw - Legal Dictionary.
- FindLaw: State Resources: Colorado. State resources overall.
- FTC Consumer Complaint Form. Use this form to submit a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Bureau of Consumer Protection about a particular company or organization. This form also may be used to submit a complaint to the FTC concerning media violence.
- Larimer County, Colorado, Virtual Courthouse.
- Motor Carrier Safety Section. Provided by the Colorado State Patrol, with useful links.
- Sample Agreements. Onecle main page.
- Sample Consultation Agreements. By Onecle.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office. Patent and trademark search.
- USPS. United States Postal Service home page, zip codes, calculate postage, shipping labels, locate a post office, tracking, etc.
News and WeatherNews and Weather Al.Reaud Tue, 06/14/2011 - 21:08
The following pertain to news and weather, two items of interest to humanity in the 21st Century.
WeatherWeather Al.Reaud Mon, 06/13/2011 - 17:56
Here we find links related to weather and its forecast and interpretation. The radar links are local to where I live, but they are available for any local in the continental US and for many other places also. Metar info is for interpreting pilot weather reports.
- CDOT Traveler Information. Colorado Department of Transportation road conditions for Colorado.
- DataStreme Atmosphere. American Meteorological Society site for weather charts.
- Global Hydrology Resource Center. A joint venture between government and academia to study the global water cycle and its effect on climate.
- Institute of Global Environment and Society.
- KFNL (Fort Collins/Loveland AWOS).
- METAR Decoding. How to decode the inscrutable Aviation Routine Weather Observation created by the Automatic Weather Observing / Reporting System.
- TAF Decoding. Terminal Aerodrome Forecast decoded, from the NOAA Aviation Weather Center.
- National Centers for Environmental Information. Archive of weather data going back to the 1800's.
- National Hurricane Center.
- NWS Colorado Interactive Weather. Denver/Boulder, but whole state is presented. Click on area for your weather information.
- NWS Doppler Radar - Cheyenne, WY.
- NWS Doppler Radar - Denver/Boulder, CO.
- NWS Doppler Radar - Grand Junction, CO.
- NWS Doppler Radar - Riverton, WY.
- NWS Doppler Radar - Salt Lake City, UT.
- NWS Doppler Radar - National Mosaic. Loop link at bottom requires JAVA.
- National Weather Service - Products. U.S. National Weather Service products page.
- NWS National Weather Interactive Map.
- NWS Weather and Forecast, Fort Collins, CO (Zone 38, Below 6000'). Eastern Larimer and Northwest Weld Counties / Fort Collins / Loveland and Vicinity, CO.
- NWS Weather and Forecast, Miami, FL (Point Forecast). Forecast for Miami, FL.
- Satellite Meteorology. NRL Monterey Marine Meteorology Division. Lots of products!
- Unisys Weather. A complete source of graphical weather information, intended to satisfy the needs of the weather professional or the casual user as well.
- Weather Symbols Chart. PDF, from Weather Graphics Technologies, shows symbols and information for observing, plotting, and forecasting. (PDF)